Designing a website is not an easy task. There are some important factors to be remembered before, as well as at the time of designing a website for your business. With careful planning at every stage of development, you can accomplish the task effectively.
Here are certain things you need to consider before designing a website of your own.
What is the name of your business?
Choose a name that people can remember well and choose wisely. Also, decide whether you will use .com, .net or something else
What products or services do you provide?
Create a list of products or services you offer and their prices. Give a brief description of them so that people will have a clear understanding of what you are doing.
Why do I want an online presence (purpose)?
What is the purpose of your business:
- Corporate site
- Information site
- E- commerce site
- Media sharing site
Who is your audience?
Only after knowing who your audience are, you can start planning your content and then build your website accordingly.
What long-term and short-term goals do you have for your online presence?
A growing business needs short-term and long-term goals. It may be revenue goal, customer service goal, community outreach goal or web traffic goal. Whatever it is, set your goals smartly.
How do you express the uniqueness of your business with your online presence?
There are so many good websites out there, but you have to make your website stand out from the other. You need to have your USP which will be the reason for people to choose your website over others. Also, keep your website up-to-date to get visitors coming back.
Who will maintain the site and how?
The site needs maintenance. You need a plan to update, maintain, and improve your website on a monthly, if not weekly basis. Keep your customers updated by writing blogs of your new product or service. You can have your marketing team to maintain your website regularly or hire a digital marketing agency to do all this for you.
How are you going to reach your targeted customers?
Reach your customer online by social media integration and search engine optimization. You can integrate social media into your website to facilitate easy content sharing. Track and analyze your website and optimize it.
- Use good photography.High-quality photographs give your visitors an idea of what to expect from your products and services. The more details your visitors can see, the more likely they are to get in touch.
- Make it easy for customers to find you by adding a map showing your location.
- Be clear. Site visitors will move on if they cannot quickly get an idea of what your business does. Try to summarize your goods and services in 13 words or less.
- Show that you are special. Do you have unique products? Excellent service? convenient location? Let your visitors know what sets you apart from the competition.
- Help visitors get in touch with you. If you make it easy for your customers to get in touch, they probably will. List email addresses and phone numbers.
Now that you have a website, it’s time to think about how mobile viewers can use it. Google Sites offers two ways to develop mobile sites:
Full site, optimized for mobile:
When you optimize your site for mobile devices, visitors can see your full site on a mobile device. The visitor will need to scroll the pages horizontally and vertically to view contents.
When building your site, use a mobile template. You can find it by browsing the templates, and then searching for “mobile.” With a mobile template, visitors only need to scroll vertically to view contents.
Here are some tips for building your mobile site
- Mirror your desktop site, but keep it simple.
- Let visitors know what you want them to do.
- Use fewer, smaller images.
- Provide the visitor a link to your full site.
- Provide an option to call or email you by clicking a button.
As already mentioned, designing a website for your business is no joke. You need to give importance to the little things that will save you from having an underperforming site. Hope these pointers help you create effective and successful websites!